Sometimes the adventure is right outside your house.
It is pouring rain and the sky has been growling. I just got home. I decided to go for a bike ride in this weather. No raincoat. Just a t-shirt, shorts, and sandals.
Yes, I got some weird looks. A girl biking and laughing in the pouring rain isn’t the norm. But that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be done!
It was an incredible experience. Rejuvenating. Being the witness of a beautiful phenomena. The Earth cleansing, moisturizing. And I was right in the middle of it.
I try to practice what I preach. I’ve blogged about seeing things from a different perspective. I’ve said that situations are what we make of them. So today, instead of looking at the rain from the comfort of my home, I experienced it.
I appreciated it in a whole new way. I’d encourage everyone to try this. It is a lot of fun.
It makes you feel freeeeeeeeeeee
When I got home, I made myself a Rainy Day Salad. I don’t know if that’s a real thing, I just made it up.
Anyways, making it was easy peasy lemon squeezy… Though it didn’t involve peas or squeezed lemons.
1) Sauté some mushrooms and green onions with a drop of coconut oil.
2) Add some red peppers (or any colour you want) that are cut however you want. I diced mine.
3) Cut some left over pork (or chicken, or whatever is in your fridge) into bite size pieces and dump it in the pan.
4) Throw in a handful of spinach leaves. (My mom used to pronounce it “Spynak”… Thought I’d share that with you)
5) Pour everything into a bowl.
6) Mix in diced avocado and tomato.
Done. At this point you can add salt and pepper if you want. I don’t, but I respect your life choices…